Why does pressing d instantly give me game over? Can I not turn clockwise?
Night Invasion is a shooter game where you have to survive 15 pirates waves, buy new tanks and weapons to improve your power.
if you like the game please comment down below, it means a lot to me ! enjoy.
|Made with||Unity, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||2D, Minimalist, Pirates, Short, Singleplayer, Tanks, Top-Down, Top down shooter, Unity|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Languages||Arabic, German, English, French, Chinese|
|Links||YouTube, Twitter, Patreon, Instagram|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
You can use the arrows, it's becuse sometimes you wanna die to buy new things lol i know it's a bit stupid
Was a little odd to play at first; the control scheme felt a little awkward but as it's a tank game, I expect and appreciate that and once I got the hang of it all was well. After a couple of attempts and figuring out how/when to buy upgrades, I had a really fun time! A little more variation in weapons, upgrades and types of enemy would increase replayability but it's a lot of fun as it stands :) I especially like the lighting effects!
thank you so much for your feedback ! i really appreciate it. it feels awesome to recieve the few first motivating comments :) unfortunately i've discovered that the lighting effects don't work on some pc's, depends on the gpu, so i'm glad you've experienced the whole game :D
What I Liked
- The small touches for the graphics are nice like the explosion and smoke.
- The scrolling background makes it feel like there's more action going on which is cool.
- Shooting ships but not killing them still results in the ships continuing to explode and lose health. This was a really nice touch as it let me take care of other enemies quicker.
- Nice feedback when shooting enemies.
- escape pods(/) after ship explodes that can be shot.
- satisfying to kill enemies. When they start exploding the explosions seem to damage the ships health which is another nice small touch.
Could Be Improved
- unclear how to buy weapons? The game page says you can but I couldn't see any menus or buttons for it.
- when you exit to the menu, then play again, it starts you from where you left off. There is no way to start back at wave 1? was this intentional?
- even though i progressed through waves the "default" weapon did the same damage. would be nice if it increased slightly but i didn't know how to buy weapons?
No way to start a new game. Here I am starting on level 3 with a score of 0.
- What do the floating skulls mean?
- What is day mode and "end" ?
- how do i buy weapons?
THANK YOU so much!
you can buy weapons when you die. i assume you didn't continue to die, when you die you can buy a second weapon for you current tank to collect more kills ( floating skulls ) that appear in the top left, and then buy another tanks with more powerful weapons, it's when you die.
I recently added the progress bar to track the progress of the game, i believe it keeps the player playing especially when there is a day mode to reach, idk i just feel it adds some addiction.
If you want to restart the game just press the restart button on the pause menu ! i don't know how you missed it :') .
BUT i really don't know how you started wave 3 with score of 0 ! probably a bug but everything works fine with me, i should do more testing. and are you sure that shooting ships but not killing them still results the contunuing to lose health ? lol because i didn't do that !
thank you very much for your motivating feedback, please can you just make sure that ships don't keep loosing help when not shooting them ? since i don't really have play testers lol
Interesting game :D
did you complete the all waves ? :)